Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Are you having sex right now?!

The gynecologist office is always a bundle of fun. But, the worst part of it is when they ask if you're sexually active. It is a faulty question that could mean a number of things. But, whenever I ask what my Dr. means, she looks at me like I'm an asshole. Rather than go into a ridiculous explanation of why I'm confused, I'm telling you, Internets!

The problem is the time frame . I never feel like I have a good grasp on this. Does it count if you screwed someone a week after your last annual visit? I mean, that's certainly relevant to a diagnosis of say, untreated syphilis, but that's only one incident of sexual activity and the term sexually active seems to indicate something ongoing. What if you were regularly getting railed until the day of the visit and you got dumped via text in the waiting room, should you state that you were sexually active, but as of 10 minutes ago all bets are off? What if you haven't been with anyone since your last visit, but will be the day after this visit. You aren't active yet, but you're getting close so if she's asking so she can talk to you about safe sex, she'd probably want to know, right? What if you aren't getting it on the regular, but you have a bang buddy that pops up sporadically? That's not really all active, per se...

This shit could drive you nuts.

I say do what I do. Keep it simple, cover your ass and always say yes. It makes you sound cool when you're really a loser who isn't getting any and won't cause your physician to think you're delusional or really stupid if there's a little surprise bundle of mishap in your oven. Done and done and all is right with the world. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment